THE BENEFITS OF A BAMBOO PILLOW
THE BENEFITS OF A BAMBOO PILLOW
Bamboo fabrics and bedding material, including pillows, have become extremely popular in recent years. Any textile made from bamboo has a number of benefits over other types of organic material, including:
- Bamboo thrives without pesticides or chemical treatments, so all bamboo fabrics are naturally organic.
- As a hearty plant, bamboo contains natural elements which are anti-bacterial.
- Bamboo fabric absorbs sweat readily, making bamboo pillows naturally temperature controlled.
- Bamboo pillows are hypo-allergenic.
- Bamboo pillows are recommended for people suffering from asthma or other respiratory ailments.
- Bamboo fabric is naturally breathable due to its unique construction of ultra-fine fibres.
- Bamboo is an environmentally sustainable product as it does not require irrigation and it grows far faster than cotton or other textile fibres.
- Bamboo pillows are also extremely comfortable and pleasant to the touch. With a neutral odor, bamboo pillows are ideal bedding material because they are naturally hypoallergenic, they repel dust mites, are resistant to mold and bacterial growth, and comfortably regulate body temperature by absorbing sweat while remaining very breathable.
Characteristics of Bamboo Fibre and Memory Foam:
Bamboo fibre is naturally anti-bacterial and Hypoallergenic, UV protective, green & biodegradable, breathable & cool, strong, flexible, soft and has a luxurious shiny appearance.
Good Absorption Ability
Bamboo fibre absorbs and evaporates sweat very quickly. It is 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton fabrics.
Fabrics made from bamboo fibre are highly breathable in hot weather. Bamboo is naturally cool to the touch. The cross-section of the bamboo fibre is filled with various micro-gaps and micro-holes leading to much better moisture absorption and ventilation. It is also very warm in cold weather, because of the same micro structure as the warm air gets trapped next to the skin.
Bamboo is naturally antibacterial, antifungal and anti-static. Bamboo has a unique anti-bacteria and bacteriostatic bio-agent named "bamboo Kun" which bonds tightly with bamboo cellulose molecules during the normal process of bamboo fibre growth. This feature gets retained in bamboo fabrics too. Many tests have been conducted whose results show over 70% death rate after bacteria was incubated on bamboo fibre fabric. Tests by the Japanese Textile Inspection Association shows that, even after fifty washes, bamboo fabric still possessed these properties. It makes bamboo fabrics healthier, germ free and odour free.
Having been developed by NASA in the mid-1960s and widely offered commercially for the first time in the 1980s,
Memory foam's most unique quality is its temperature sensitivity, which softens the foam in contact with the body, cradling areas that normally receive pressure and supporting areas that typically do not. This contouring relieves pressure points, increases circulation and aligns the spine and other joints. Latex foam's most unique quality is the ease with which its structure allows cooling air flow. While remaining firm, air is passed through the foam with every movement, dissipating body heat and keeping the user cool.
Its yield is 10 times that of cotton, without using any fertilizers or pesticides. Additionally, even organic cotton uses a huge amount of water for growing, whereas bamboo grows without any irrigation, often on hill slopes where nothing else can be grown. It really can give an option for sustainable development for those engaged in producing bamboo and manufacturing.
Helps with Snoring, Insomnia, Asthma, Neck Pain, TMJ, & Migraines.